You might not realize it, but you could be in the market for a new air conditioning unit. With a new unit, comes AC installation companies. When considering a professional to work on as something as precious as your home, you need to choose someone with a proven record. John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning has been around for more than 20 years and practices flat-rate pricing. This means that no matter how long the project takes, you’ll pay that same price. We’re going to tell you how to know your AC is on its last leg, and give the benefits of a professional installation! Keep reading for more information!
Not sure if you need a complete replacement? We provide expert AC repair services as well as annual tune-ups.
When Should I Consider a New Air Conditioner?
This is a classic question and has simple answers. If your air conditioning unit meets any, some, or all of these criteria, it may be time for a new unit:
- Older than 15 years- the lifespan of air conditioners is about 10-15 years. You might have noticed that your home isn’t as comfortable as it once was. This could easily be because of an aging unit
- High electric or gas bills- if your bill is constantly climbing or is much higher than years past, it could be due to your AC unit. As mentioned, it could be running inefficiently, or parts are breaking down causing the unit to work much harder than needed
- Reliability problems- there’s not much that is worse than having a broken AC on a hot day. When your AC is operational only occasionally, calling a repairman each time can become expensive
- Constant repairs- you may be noticing that every time there is routine maintenance done on your AC, there is also major repairs. Simply put, if these repairs are adding up to be more expensive than a new AC will be in the long run, get the new unit
Unfortunately, air conditioning units don’t last forever. On the bright side, the new models that are on the market are highly efficient, which means you can expect lower electric bills over time.
What are the Benefits to a Professional Install?
Hiring an AC installation contractor can be beneficial for many reasons. Aside from the fact that you won’t have the headache of a DIY project, you can trust it will be done right. Here are a few other considerations:
- Safety first- there are many working parts to an AC unit. Some of which can be harmful if not handled correctly. Professionals have a working understanding of electricity and know what to do to keep the install moving along safely
- Accidents can be costly- unfortunately, if you’re not sure of what you’re doing, installing the air conditioner the wrong way could damage the unit. This damage can easily be avoided by hiring a professional
- Each unit is different- allowing a trained professional to install and optimize your unit will make your home comfortable and efficient. It’s possible that a non-professional could miss a key step which might stop your unit from cooling your home properly
Call Us Today!
If you’re concerned that your air conditioner has gotten too old or isn’t functioning well, give John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning a call! We can answer questions, help you decide what unit is right for you, and properly install it.
John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning offers flat-rate pricing, 24-hour service, as well as drug screened and background checked technicians.
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about our work or schedule an in-home estimate today!