You might have heard of a ductless mini split AC system but are uncertain as to what it is. Or maybe, you know what they are but don’t know why anyone would choose to install one. John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning would like to tell you a little more about this technology. Yes, we’ve been around for more than 20 years, but we pride ourselves on keeping up with the latest and most innovative technology. We’re going to tell you a bit about ductless mini split AC systems as well as a few of the benefits. Keep reading for more information!
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our past customers have to say about those 20 years of experience, or just give us a call today!
What is a Ductless Mini Split AC System?
These systems were developed in Japan as an alternative to bulkier units. Ductless mini splits are also used when additional ductwork cannot be added or would be too costly to implement.
Systems such as these are relatively simple by design. They have an indoor air-handling unit and an outdoor compressor. There is also a conduit which holds the power cord, refrigerant tubing, and condensate drain. The conduit also serves as the link to other rooms where controlled temperatures are needed.
If you’ve ever noticed a home or a business with something that is mounted somewhere near the ceiling, it was likely a ductless mini split AC system.
The Benefits of Ductless Mini Split Systems
Homes or businesses that have these systems in operation can attest to the long list of benefits that can be seen with these units. However, a few of the top reasons to consider a ductless mini split AC system include:
- Energy Savers: Ductless mini split systems are great for saving on electric bills. This is because they use less power to operate and there is no loss in efficiency because of ductwork
- Improves Air Quality: An improvement in air quality happens in two ways. The first includes the fact that air isn’t being passed through dusty ductwork. The second is because a ductless system will filter air automatically
- Flexibility: Each installed unit can be independently operated and controlled. No one will be fighting over how hot or cold it is if they are in separate rooms because each room can have its own climate
- Silence is Golden: Ductless mini split systems are notoriously quiet which makes sleeping and concentrating easier
- Easy to Install: Because these units don’t require ductwork, installing them is a breeze. It can be done in a day’s work and your normal routine can continue from there
Call Us Today!
If you’re happy with the HVAC unit in your home, great. If you’re not happy, or if it is costing more money than it should, consider a ductless mini split AC system. Choose a quality contractor, one that’s licensed, insured, and has been in business for over 20 years!
If you’d still like to opt for a traditional central cooling system for your home, be sure to contact us about our AC installation solutions.