Have you wondered about whole home water filtration systems? You may have thought about them and decided that your tap water tastes or smells fine. Before you decide against whole home water filtration system installation, learn all the facts. John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is committed to providing you with the necessary information to make the decisions that are best for your household. We’ve been in the business for over 20 years--those 20 years have netted us a lot of knowledge that we enjoy sharing with our family and customers who are like family! We’re going to discuss several benefits of a whole home water filtration system and a few common types of water filtration systems!
If you’re ready for a cleaner, healthier water, give us a call today - or visit our reviews page first and see what some of our happy customers are saying about our work!
The Benefits of Whole Home Water Filtration Systems
No matter which store you walk into, chances are, they offer bottled water. Big box stores, mom & pop shops, all of them have a small cooler with a few bottles of water for sale. Grocery stores offer cases of it, and guess what? You can access that same taste and purity at home from your own faucet!
Aside from the cost of constantly buying bottled water, there are other benefits to opting for a whole home water filtration system:
- Environmentally friendly- not buying plastic water bottles is good for the Earth. The US alone consumes enough bottled water every year to wrap the Earth 190 times!
- Better skin- unfiltered water can make skin conditions like eczema worse because of the chlorine and other chemicals used
- Cost savings- you’ll save money on plumbing repairs because filtered water won’t cause as much wear and tear on your pipes.
- Disaster preparedness- Unfortunately water mains can burst and natural disasters can strike. Having filtered water at your fingertips will prevent you from having to run to the store for a supply of clean water.
- Better health- unfiltered tap water can be the cause of numerous gastrointestinal issues. Even if you are constantly buying bottled water, you inadvertently consume it when brushing your teeth or cooking.
What is the Best Type of Water Filtration System for Your Home?
There are numerous types of water filtration systems on the market. Their end results are generally clean, filtered water. However, each one operates a bit differently and because of this, there could be one that is best for your home over the others:
- Carbon Filters- this type of filter works by removing larger particles of sediment and silt. They also help reduce the amount of chlorine and other chemicals resulting in better tasting and smelling water
- Reverse Osmosis- opting for this type of filtration system will ensure you have the cleanest water around. To simplify the way it operates is basically forcing unfiltered water through a semipermeable membrane that captures almost every contaminant.
- UV Filters- newer to the market than most other options, these filtration systems use UV light to kill any water-borne bacteria. These are also very environmentally friendly!
Call Us Today!
If this information seems overwhelming to you, don’t worry. John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is here to help. We will help you make an informed decision and then give you a free estimate and flat-rate pricing for the installation of your new whole home water filtration system.
We also work with existing water softeners - and can help restore your system to working order.