If your water heater is on its last leg, you will be glad to know there are options available to replace it with. Tankless water heaters have been on the market for some time, but are just now rising in popularity. The key to unlocking the benefits and the best tankless water heater for your home is working with a professional plumber.
John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is your best bet when it comes to choosing and installing the necessary appliances. We pride ourselves on being reliable and honest--we will give you a free estimate of the cost of the project and bill you based on a flat-rate system. Not only that, but we’ve been in this business for over 20 years which means we’re experienced in every make and model there is!
Trust John Henry’s with all your water heater services - and enjoy comfort and peace of mind in your home.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
Tankless water heaters are also known as on-demand or continuous flow water heaters. These systems heat water as you need it, rather than storing a predetermined number of gallons. On-demand systems use a heat exchanger to warm the water. Heat exchangers are used to transfer heat from one source to another and in tankless systems they are activated by the incoming flow of water.
There are two types of tankless water heaters that are available, each serving a purpose and having its own benefits:
- Point-of-use: these are smaller and heat water for only one or two outlets--say, a kitchen sink. Because of their size, they can easily fit in a cabinet or small closet which means they can be installed closer to the sink or outlet using it. This in turn decreases water loss due to lag time
- Whole-house: these systems are larger and can operate multiple outlets at once. Because these units supply the entire house with hot water they are typically more expensive.
What are the Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater?
Of course, you’re not going to go out and buy a tankless water heater if it offers no benefits to your home. So, what’s so great about these systems?
- You’ll never run out of hot water
- Require less space to install
- A smart choice that will save you a substantial amount of energy and money
- No possible flooding from a ruptured tank
Make the Switch to Endless Hot Water
Obviously, there are a number of benefits to switching to a tankless water heater. Now that you know what they are, all you need to do is make the call to John Henry’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning!
We’ll help you pick which type of tankless water heater will serve your home best and give you a flat-rate price for installation. This means that no matter how long the process takes, you pay the previously stated rate! Don’t just take our word for it.
Visit our reviews page to find out how our tankless water heater services have helped other homeowners in your area!