We deal with a lot of extreme weather and conditions of Mother Nature here in the US. Anything from extreme summer heat to heavy rains and flooding, to terrible drought conditions; everything can come our way, often distracting us from home maintenance we would otherwise pay attention to.
Unfortunately, forgetting some of these components of our homes can mean expensive repairs and long-term issues; outdoor fixtures for plumbing are one of these home items often pushed to the wayside. Read on to see a few reasons why this may not always be the right thing for your home.
Avoid Costly Plumbing Fixture Repair
Outdoor plumbing can require costly fixture repair when it isn’t properly maintained. Some of the problems you can incur are:
- Damaged gutters, clogged drains, and downspouts that haven’t been properly cleaned
- Clogged hoses and outdoor faucets can cause cracks if the water isn’t properly flowing
- Pipes damaged or clogged by bird and insect nesting
- Overflowing or damaged septic tanks
- Overflowing, damaged, or otherwise negatively affected sewer lines
To avoid these costly outdoor plumbing repairs, make sure they are inspected regularly for needed maintenance, and that you call an expert out for repair as soon as a potential issue is noticed.
Outdoor Plumbing Maintenance is Key
Because it’s outside, outdoor plumbing is often one of the most ignored home components; however, it is just as essential to the overall health door and running of the home as the indoor plumbing.
When it’s well installed and properly maintained, outdoor plumbing is not prone to causing problems; however, when it’s ignored, it can cause plenty of damage as previously noted.
If you aren’t able to provide regular inspection or maintenance, calling an expert out to provide a professional assessment should do the trick.
How to Tell When Your Outdoor Fixture Installation for Plumbing is Beyond Repair
As with any home maintenance, it’s important to know the signs that indicate when your outdoor fixture installation may need to be replaced instead of being repaired. Here are some common signs to watch out for:
- Watch for low faucet pressure, this can indicate corrosion or rust in pipes or debris within the assembly that will require replacement.
- Leaking faucets need to be replaced ASAP as they can pool water and attract bugs, mosquitoes, and rodents as well as potentially ruin structural exterior components.
- When you notice any of the following issues with your gutters, it’s time for a replacement: cracks, holes, peeling paint, rust, separation from the house, sagging, broken fasteners.
- If you are noticing gurgling sounds from your pipes, puddles in your yard around the tank, or greener grass around the tank, it could indicate your septic tank needs to be replaced; call a septic expert pronto for examination.
Many outdoor plumbing problems are an easy fix by a professional, but it’ important that they are regularly inspected for potential problems indicating repair or replacement is needed. If you think you’ve seen any of the problems mentioned above occurring in your yard, don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation. We can ensure your problem gets corrected quickly and at a competitive price.